Dental prosthesis –is a treatment with a goal to restore a damaged teeth, missing teeth or a row of them, to restore lost occlusal and masticatory functions, to return self-confidence and the ability to smile.
Reasons, why dental prosthesis is important without delay:
- To balance the bite power protecting the neighboring teeth.
- To protect the contour of the gum and distribute the bone load protecting from the bone loss.
- To avoid the bite problems as teeth can move when there is a gap that could influence addition dental procedures and higher cost of the dental care in the future.
- To keep or even improve the chewing function.
- Reduce the chances of getting jaw problems (TMJ).
- For aesthetic reasons, including the smile and maintaining the shape of the face.
A dental crowns a visible part of the tooth, the tooth shaped „cap“ that is placed over the tooth or implant and is used to improve the appearance of the tooth by restoring its shape, size and natural color.
The price of dental crowns depends on the materials they are produced from, technologies and time used as well as the individual dental requirements for the fabrication and placement of the crown. It is important to know that dental crowns could not be chosen just acc. to the aesthetics and price. Your dentist will evaluate your individual situation and discuss with you which of the different types of dental crowns is best for you.
This decision will be based on your bite, the condition and position of your tooth, aesthetical expectations and the cost of the crown.